To meet minimum qualifications for apprenticeship, applicants must:
- Complete the online application request form or the application request to submit by mail or fax.
- Be a minimum of 18 years of age.
- Once you receive the application, please return completed application and documentation to Southwestern Line Constructors along with a money order. The non-refundable application fee is $25 per area, and must be submitted by money order made out to Southwestern Line Constructors. Checks will not be excepted. ***Example: 3 areas would be a total fee of $75.***
- Provide official transcripts for high school and post high school education and training. All official GED records must be submitted if applicable.
- Present evidence of possession of a valid Class "A" commercial drivers license (CDL).
- Submit a DD-214 to verify military training and/or experience if you are a veteran and wish to receive consideration for such training/experience.
- Prior to being indentured, applicants selected from the pool of interviewed applicants will be required to provide results of a physical examination and drug test as determined by the AJATC.
The recruitment, selection, employment and training of apprentices during their apprenticeship, shall be without discrimination because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex or age, except the applicant must meet the minimum age requirement. The AJATC does not, and will not, discriminate against a qualified individual with a disability because of the disability of such individual. The sponsor will take affirmative action to provide equal opportunity in apprenticeship and will operate the apprenticeship program as required under applicable law and lawful regulations issued thereunder.
Applicants who meet all basic requirements will be interviewed by the AJATC. Apprentices will be selected in order of their final ranking.