To meet minimum qualifications for apprenticeship, applicants must:
- A) Complete the online application and remit application fee for each area you’re applying to ($25.00/area). Mail in all required documents listed below
B) Download an application to complete and mail in to our office with application fee for each area you’re applying to and required documents listed below
- Be a minimum of 18 years of age.
- An official sealed (unopened) copy of high school transcript showing all courses and grades attended (9th through 12th) along with graduation date. Unsealed transcripts even if official will not be accepted.
- If you’re not a high school graduate, an official sealed GED scores, in addition to the high school transcript for years attended. Scores need to be sealed from testing center otherwise they will not be accepted.
- Official transcript of any vocational school or college courses.
- If you are a veteran and wish to receive consideration for such training/experience, a copy of your military discharge (DD214) must be submitted.
- Present evidence of having a "Class A" commercial driver's license (CDL) (a valid copy of your CDL).
- Medical Examiners Certificate that must accompany your Class A CDL.
- Provide any other documentation or information such as letters of recommendation, personal merit reference, achievement awards, etc. that you would like the AJATC to consider.
- Prior to being indentured, applicants selected from the pool of interviewed applicants will be required to provide results of a physical examination and drug test as determined by the AJATC.
- *Birth certificate, social security card, driving record are NOT required and will not be kept on file as part of your submission. **Southwestern Line Constructors is not responsible for returning items submitted. ***Application fees are for processing, and are non-refundable.
The recruitment, selection, employment and training of apprentices during their apprenticeship, shall be without discrimination because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex or age, except the applicant must meet the minimum age requirement. The AJATC does not, and will not, discriminate against a qualified individual with a disability because of the disability of such individual. The sponsor will take affirmative action to provide equal opportunity in apprenticeship and will operate the apprenticeship program as required under applicable law and lawful regulations issued thereunder.
Applicants who meet all basic requirements will be interviewed by the AJATC. Apprentices will be selected in order of their final ranking.